Re: Maximum account size limited to 200mb

Is there a timeout for how long Squirrelmail with wait for a response from
the IMAP server?

I'm asking because I did have IMAP timeout problems with large email boxes
for a brief time (not with Squirrelmail).  The issue was how long it took
the IMAP server to load a mailbox before it would respond as ready.  Since I
run a very small installation, the solution was to replace the HD with an
SSD for OS [only] things, including INBOX mail storage.  Squirrelmail and
other applications are still on a much larger HD {10TB}.  This increased
speed for loading the mailbox significantly, like 10x or more, and my
problems went away.  I imagine on a server with a large number of mboxes,
SSD cost might make this sort of solution unrealistic.  Maybe server side
disk read/write caching would help, if this is the issue.

I'm not saying this is the same problem as yours, just that this issue has a
familiar ring and this is my experience.

At this writing, the largest mailbox in use with SquirrelMail version 1.4.22
on my Dovecot IMAP based server is 948,503,478KB (almost 1GB) {residing on
SSD}, and it is working without issue.  It also loads quickly from SSD
avoiding any timeout limits in IMAP and Squirrelmail.

I hope this shared information helps.