Re: Squirrelmail - " Preference database error (unknown error) "

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Manish Nene <m1n3s6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Manish Nene <m1n3s6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm using Squirrelmail version 1.4.22 on RHEL 6.4 with httpd 2.2.15 and
>> > PHP
>> > 5.3.3.
>> >
>> > I'm using MySQL 5.1.67 backend to store preferences(table userprefs and
>> > address).
>> >
>> > I've following plugins configured and most of them are functioning
>> > properly.
>> > { administrator, calendar, delete_move_next, demo, filters, fortune,
>> > bug_report, info, listcommands, message_details, newmail,
>> > sent_subfolders,
>> > spamcop, squirrelspell, translate, postfixadmin }
>>
>> You should disable all of them and test again.
>>

> I did.. Nothing happened during that time.
>

>> > The only problem I'm facing is frequent occurrences of
>> > "Preference database error (unknown error) ".
>>
>> When you do what?
>>

> This only happens when I try to login to Squirrelmail. Nothing has been
> changed ever since the webmail was made available for production use. The
> behavior is intermittent & hence I'm not able to catch anything in the
> logfiles.

Then without any specifics as to what  the error is or how it is
triggered, my best guess is that your database is not prepared to
handle as many connections as you need it to.  But I really don't have
enough to be confident in any diagnosis at all.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team