Re: There is a problem with this website's security certificate

On 12/12/2012 21:19, Central Office wrote:
We are and ISP that uses squirrel mail as our e-mail.  When our customers go to the website to view there mail they receive the follow screen shot.
Strictly speaking this isn't a Squirrelmail problem.

The problem is that you are using HTTPS and the certificate you are using for HTTPS has not been signed by a CA, the validity date on the certificate has also expired, also - the website name (e.g. mail.whatever.com) in the certificate doesn't match what your customers enter to reach the site.

You should obtain a certificate and get it installed on your web server. Most CAs charge for SSL website certificates, but you might find a free service if you look hard enough.

But it isn't anything to do with Squirrelmail itself.

How do we get this to stop.  Its frustrationg to the customer to see this and our older customers get scared and stop going to it and call us.  Is there a certificate that they can install that will cure this.

Thanks
Kevin

TONICA TELEPHONE CENTRAL OFFICE
815-442-9931