Re: per user SMTP credentials

Nikolaos Milas wrote
> On 3/12/2012 9:56 πμ, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>
>> You can configure it to use the same credentials that the user logged
>> in with.
>
> I have tried to do so, by using:

> but I see no indication that SM is using SMTP Auth when sending an
> email. Here is an example from a message sent (Postfix log) [A message
> from

> ldapuser@

> nick@

> , with bcc to

> ldapuser@

> ]:

Could you show output of SquirrelMail conf.pl in "2. server settings"
section. Your log snippet is either not full or you are not using SMTP for
email delivery. I suspect that UID=48 is your webserver user id and you are
using sendmail exec delivery instead of SMTP.

Please don't post squirrelmail logger records to avoid log spam.
Authentication is logged by postfix and not by SquirrelMail.

You should be looking for

Dec  3 19:51:18 example postfix/smtpd[17104]: 1B39E11806F:
client=example[127.0.0.1], sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=user@xxxxxxxxxxx

in your mail logs.
--
Tomas