Re: SquirrelMail aborting large attachment download?

On 24.09.2012 14:30, michael crane wrote:

[PHP memory limit]
>> 256 MB (we could increase that -- is that per Session or for all of
>> them?); no commercial extensions, rather PHP as it comes out of the
>> (Debian) box with a few common extensions:
> I thought the PHP limit was per message.

You mean per script run, I assume?

The manual says[1] "the maximum amount of memory in bytes that a script
is allowed to allocate." This would AIUI mean per script run, but I
don't know if this is somehow changed by running as mod_php in the
Apache process.

[1] http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

> as a general list question are most people's mail servers attached
> directly to the internet ?

Define "attached directly to the internet". The one I run for our
university is behind more than one firewall, of course, but reachable
from the Internet.

Regards, Juergen.

--
<Juergen.Nickelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Tel. +49.30.838-50740
Zentraleinrichtung fuer Datenverarbeitung, Central Systems (Unix)