HTML Mail Settings Lost on Logout

Hello list,

I'm running Squirrelmail version 1.4.22 that was included with a fresh install of cPanel. One of my users needs Squirrelmail with the HTML Mail plugin enabled. I downloaded the HTML Mail plugin version 2.3 (linked to below) and installed it by unpacking to the plugins directory and enabling through conf.pl. Everything works great, except for one problem. When the user logs out of his account, the preference to always default to composing HTML emails over plain text is lost. Everything the user logs in he must go into the display settings and click save. The setting for "Default Email Composition Format" is already set to HTML when he views the settings, however, the composition window never defaults to that; always plain text.

The core Squirrelmail install for a cPanel box is located at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail, and I've noted some config and preference files there. Each user account has their own .pref file as well, however, within those the "compose_window_type=html" is set and never changes. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad