Re: php update 5.3 -> 5.4; parseStructure() should not be called statically

David,

Apologies for the delay,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 11:57 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> On 05/10/2012 10:19 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>> Thanks, we are aware of this.  We do not recommend E_STRICT error reporting.
>>
>> Thanks Paul -- that is just the default set by Archlinux with its php install.
>> I'll look into changing the setting.
>>

> Paul,
>
>    I'm still having difficulty turning the warnings/notices off in php . I
> currently have the error_reporting set at:
>
> error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE &
> ~E_USER_WARNING & ~E_USER_NOTICE
>
>    I have tried:
>
> error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
> error_reporting = E_ERROR
>
> (with server stop/start between each -- not just reload)
>
>    However, squirrelmail 1.5.2 svn still displays the following at the bottom
> of each page:
>
> SquirrelMail notice messages
> Category:       PHP
> Message:        Non-static method Message::parseStructure() should not be called
> statically
> FILE:   /srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php
> LINE:   59
> Category:       PHP
> Message:        Non-static method Message::parseBodyStructure() should not be called
> statically
> FILE:   /srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/class/mime/Message.class.php
> LINE:   296

As you discovered, SquirrelMail version 1.5.2 does its own error
reporting adjustments.

This is based on the debug level you have set in your configuration
file.  You should edit that file or just use config/conf.pl to turn
SquirrelMail debug mode to OFF/0 (zero).  If you are running version
1.5.2 in production, you should carefully review the configuration
file or conf.pl for settings that affect performance and display in
production environments.

However, since it's still undesirable to have E_STRICT included with
E_ALL for many people, I have implemented a patch to "fix" the mess
that the PHP 5.4 changes got us into.

Since you do seem to be using SM with debug mode enabled, *before* you
turn it off, can you please back out your hacks, pull the newest SVN
code (snapshot won't have this fix for another 3/4 of a day) or apply
the patch linked below and let us know if this removes the E_STRICT
errors?

http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/trunk/squirrelmail/include/init.php?view=patch&r1=14249&r2=14335&pathrev=14335

Thanks,

  Paul