Single Sign On to Squirrel mail from another web application

List,

I have a plone 4.1.4( CMS)  installation, and a squirrel mail web client running on

 different machines but under the same domain.  say  intranet.mydomain.com  and  webmail.mydomain.com

I am trying to implement a SSO for  this plone intranet site and Squirrel Mail client. ( The plone site is integrated with LDAP server.  Both Plone site and  Squirrel mail refers the same user credentials in this LDAP server)

 What configurations/additional work  I have to make for the SM instance  for SSO to work   from plone site, so clicking a  link in the  plone  site  to the squirrel mail site should logged in to the squirrel mail client so users can  see their  emails, without signing again to the squirrel mail login page.

 Please give your guidance/workarounds  how to accomplish this SSO  for  Squirrel Mail.

Any hints  appreciated much.

 Thanks in advance
Chen