Re: could not make database Connection

Do not top-post, please.  Please read the mailing list posting
guidelines as you were already requested to do when you subscribed to
this list.

>>> When I try to change password on webmail I get the error "could not make
>>> database connection".
>>>
>>> Any wayout.........
>>>
>>> Am using Squirrelmail 1.4.21
>>>
>>> OS windows server 2003
>>>
>>> Hmailserver
>>>
>>> Compactibility plugin version 2.0.16
>>>
>>> Pear DB 1.7.14
>>>
>>> Plugin -Change_sqlpassword
>>
>> Are your user accounts really in a database?  If so, you need to
>> configure the plugin to connect to your database (with appropriate
>> permissions), which it seems you have not done.  You'll need to
>> consult your database logs to see what's happening when the connection
>> attempt is made (if it's even able to find your database) and verify
>> that you are using the correct host/database/password and table
>> information.
>
> Thanks for your advice, av set the folder setting to allow all user full
> control on squirrelmail folder ( plugin inclusive) but still get the same
> error

Folder/directory permissions have nothing to do with connecting to a
database.  Please read the documentation for the plugin and the
documentation for the Pear DB package to learn more about how to
connect to a database.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team