From: Paul Lesniewski [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 31 March 2012 20:34
To: Squirrelmail User Support Mailing List
Subject: Re:  could not make database Connection

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Tosin Adeosun <adeosun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> When I try to change password on webmail I get the error "could not make
> database connection".
>
> Any wayout.........
>
> Am using Squirrelmail 1.4.21
>
> OS windows server 2003
>
> Hmailserver
>
> Compactibility plugin version 2.0.16
>
> Pear DB 1.7.14
>
> Plugin -Change_sqlpassword

Are your user accounts really in a database?  If so, you need to
configure the plugin to connect to your database (with appropriate
permissions), which it seems you have not done.  You'll need to
consult your database logs to see what's happening when the connection
attempt is made (if it's even able to find your database) and verify
that you are using the correct host/database/password and table
information.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team