Re: Downloading new versions

Soupman wrote:

> Tomas,
> Thank you for your time.  I'm still having difficulty downloading the
> latest version.  Should it be opened or saved.  Then what?  I know, this
> should be simple stuff to do.  As a zip file, I know it needs to be
> unzipped at some point.  Then how to replace the current (old) version I
> have now.  I run restaurants but don't have an IT person so I need to
> figure everything out.  I  know you are volunteering with your help so
> many thanks for your information.

Save it. Unpack downloaded zip file in some directory on your workstation
and check doc/INSTALL and doc/UPGRADE files. You can open them with wordpad
or notepad++. Basic windows notepad will fail to display them properly.

SquirrelMail runs on your webserver. It is not some local application and
you won't find setup.exe file inside that zip. You do need technical person
to upgrade software on your webserver. Based on your SquirrelMail version, I
would guess that you have old Linux Debian version. If webserver is upgraded
to current Debian stable version, you will upgrade to SquirrelMail 1.4.21
automatically.