Re: Downloading new versions

Soupman wrote:

> I am currently using SQ Mail version 1.4.9a...yes, I know..an old version.
> For the most part, this version has worked fine.  I am well aware that
> there have been many versions since then with the latest being 1.4.22.
> Guess I am living back in the Stone Ages.  Every time I try to download, I
> receive the message.."Windows cannot open this file" and that it needs to
> know the program in order to download.
>
> I am obviously doing something wrong.  I should mention that I click the
> option "open" instead of "save" when prompted with what to do with the new
> download.  Any suggestions?

If you are downloading new SquirrelMail version, choose .zip package and
your windows will know how to open it. bz2 and gz offer better compression,
but you can't open them in default windows setup.

If you are downloading attachment in SquirrelMail webmail, check your
webserver log for errors and do upgrade SquirrelMail to latest stable
version before you think that you hit some bug in application.

--
Tomas