Missing SM options

Hello,
 I am running SM 1.4.22 on a new Fedora v16 server. My initial SM instal
worked just fine, all features were tested successfully.
I tweeked page_header.php, display_message.php and signout.php to
customize some cosmetics for our site. Suddenly I lost all my options
and can no longer compose or send messages from SM.

I thought I was very methodical during the changes , testing
incrementally as I went along and I kept all the original files.
Unfortunately I missed when the options function got corrupted.
I've tried backtracking( reinstalling the old php files) and am unable
to resolve the issue. I'd appreciate any ideas.

thx
--
George Chalifoux
neht enterprises