Re: access from intranet

On 01/07/2012 06:24 AM, squirrelmail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi folks! Using squirrelmail from internet everything is ok.
>
> Using it from intranet, I can't access because my server redirect ip of
> server on dsl ip.
>
> How can I resolve the problem?
>
> thanks
>
> Pol

Pol,

  That sounds like an internal DNS issue rather than a squirrelmail issue. If
you user that access squirrelmail from the internet are able to reach it, but
those on the LAN can't, then you have problems with internal name resolution. It
sounds like your squirrelmail server doesn't know its own fqdn. What does the
/etc/hosts file on the squirrelmail server look like? For internal resolution,
you will want something like this on the squirrelmail server:

127.0.0.1       yourhostname.yourdomain.com     localhost yourhostname
::1             yourhostname.yourdomain.com     localhost yourhostname
192.168.1.15    yourhostname.yourdomain.com     yourhostname www mail

  Where yourhostname is the name of the host running squirrelmail. You will need
to change the 192 address to whatever your squirrelmail server address is.

  If you are running BIND as your DNS, then of course you will need both forward
and reverse zone entries for the squirrelmail server.

  Bottom line, your boxes on the LAN can't find your squirrelmail server, but
that has nothing to do with squirrelmail...

P.S. the domain portion of your e-mail address may be offensive to some.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.