Reply/Reply All address incorrect after svn update on 1/6/12 (version 14257:14264M)

Paul,all

  I have encountered a strange problem in 1.5 after an svn update to svn version
14257:14264M on Friday 1/6/12. When a user sends an e-mail that originates in
squirrelmail, any recipient that attempts to reply (or reply-all) to that
e-mail, gets an incorrect e-mail address for the original sender inserted into
the 'To:' field of the reply. (basically '@domain')  It appears that
squirrelmail is somehow incorrectly inserting  '@domain' into the header instead
of either (1) the senders e-mail or (2) the specific 'reply-to:' address the
sender has set in the 'Options/Personal Information' setting.

  When a reply is attempted to a e-mail sent from squirrelmail, it appears that
the information from:

./conf.pl -> (2) Server Settings -> (1) Domain

with an '@' prepended is what the person trying to reply to the message sees in
the 'To:' field after hitting reply?? Basically, when someone hits reply, they
see '@domain' as the address going back to the original squirrelmail sender. In
order to successfully reply to messages sent from squirrelmail, those trying to
reply must manually copy and paste the original senders e-mail into the 'To:'
field of the reply replacing the '@domain' address.

  This is new behavior in 1.5 as we have used squirrelmail for years and have
never has this issue before. The squirrelmail configuration on this server had
not changed since 4/1/2010, so it is something brought about by the 'svn up' on
last Friday. Moreover, this does not seem to effect every user. I have been back
though the ./conf.pl settings and I have walked users through setting the
squirrelmail 'Options....', and I cannot explain why some users are experiencing
this problem.

  I do have multiple CNAMEs that resolve to the original domain, but that has
never been a problem before. This issue seems to effect users that send/receive
mail under a CNAME domain name. Although I also use a CNAME domain and I have
not personally had this issue.

  What can I send you that would help sort this out? What else can I check? I'm
working on getting a copy of one of the emails that is exhibiting this behavior,
but I haven't gotten one yet this morning. I welcome all thoughts on this
matter. Is anybody else seeing this?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.