Re: how to backup and restore abook files for squirrelmail?

stilobix wrote:

> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>

>> stilobix wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm running a squirelmail server on an old freeBSD server and I decided
>>> to virtualized it.
>>>
>>> My mail server is working fine, the webmail is also working. However I
>>> did not find the way to get back the address book for my users. I found
>>> out that the .pref and .abook files are stored in a folder depending on
>>> a hash. They are in a subfolder named for 0 to 9 and a to f.
>>>
>>> /.../webmail/data/0
>>> /.../webmail/data/1
>>> /...l/webmail/data/2
>>> /.../webmail/data/3
>>> /.../webmail/data/4
>>> /.../webmail/data/d
>>> /.../webmail/data/e
>>> /.../webmail/data/f
>>>
>>> So I decided to rsync the files from my old server to the new one. When
>>> I logged in with my account, I could not get my address book back and a
>>> new .pref and .abook files were created in a different folder.
>>>
>>> How can I import them from the old server to the new one?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help.
>>>
>> Check '4. General Options' -> '3. Directory Hash Level' configuration
>> option in your new SquirrelMail setup. Your old setup had non-default
>> setting. I suspect that your new setup has different value (not equal to
>> 1) or your user login names changed. You should also check data directory
>> setting in your new setup.
>>
>> If directory hash settings and login names are exactly the same, which
>> PHP versions and OSes are used in both setups?
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>>

> Hi, thanks for your answer!
>
> I'm using FreeBSD on both servers, the new one is up to date 8.2 and the
> old one is running version 6.2
>
> I checked the directory hash level and it is set to 1 on both of them and
> the login names are exactly the same. I really do not know why the new
> system is not using the existing .abook files instead of creating a new
> one.

If directory hash level is the same, then checksum calculation function
started producing different results on new setup.

Is FreeBSD 8.2 on amd64 platform?

Are you using same SquirrelMail version as on FreeBSD 6.2?

Have you checked, if you have same issue in current stable SquirrelMail
version?

--
Tomas