Re: how to backup and restore abook files for squirrelmail?

stilobix wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a squirelmail server on an old freeBSD server and I decided to
> virtualized it.
>
> My mail server is working fine, the webmail is also working. However I did
> not find the way to get back the address book for my users. I found out
> that the .pref and .abook files are stored in a folder depending on a
> hash. They are in a subfolder named for 0 to 9 and a to f.
>
> /.../webmail/data/0
> /.../webmail/data/1
> /...l/webmail/data/2
> /.../webmail/data/3
> /.../webmail/data/4
> /.../webmail/data/d
> /.../webmail/data/e
> /.../webmail/data/f
>
> So I decided to rsync the files from my old server to the new one. When I
> logged in with my account, I could not get my address book back and a new
> .pref and .abook files were created in a different folder.
>
> How can I import them from the old server to the new one?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Check '4. General Options' -> '3. Directory Hash Level' configuration option
in your new SquirrelMail setup. Your old setup had non-default setting. I
suspect that your new setup has different value (not equal to 1) or your
user login names changed. You should also check data directory setting in
your new setup.

If directory hash settings and login names are exactly the same, which PHP
versions and OSes are used in both setups?

--
Tomas