Re: transferring folder subscriptions?

Please do not top-post.  Information about how to reply is in our
mailing list posting guidelines which we ask that your read before you
post.

>>> How can I find out, where this info is stored on the old server?
>>> Or would it be easier to just assume, that a user has subscribed all
>>> folders in his maildir
>>> and make a script, that generates a file "subscriptions" that lists all
>>> folders in a users Maildir?
>>
>> You don't specify what IMAP servers and versions you are migrating
>> between.  You have to provide more details if you expect good help.
>>
>> Guessing that you're migrating between Cyrus and Dovecot, you probably
>> want to choose a better tool.  See:
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Cyrus
>
> yeah, sorry, i totaly forgot about that =)
> the old server is a cyrus version 2.2.8 on a rather old suse (don't know
> exactly what version right now).
> for migration i started out using cyrus2dovecot, but then i switched to
> imapsync because it's better in regards to transferring meta-info, like
> which mails were read already etc.
>
> but the real problem i have is still, to find out where/how on the old
> server the info of squirrelmail (like subscribed folders) ist stored.
> Or, if this is just to much trouble, because then i could just let them be
> generated automatically by a script.

SquirrelMail is an IMAP client.  It doesn't store subscription
information.  The IMAP server does that.

You could use the SquirrelMail AutoSubscribe plugin to force
subscription to everything, but I'd strongly recommend you migrate
your mail properly in the first place and not burden your webmail with
a plugin that's only needed once yet will continue to run even after
that.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team