Re: Config problems with local_autorespond_forward

Hi Alex,

> I am having difficulty with the local_autorespond_forward plugin
> v3.0.1 on fedora15 (php-5.3.8) and hoped someone could help. One of
> the users has configured his .vacation.msg through the
> Options->Autoresponder / Mail Forwarding menu as such:
>
> # cat .vacation.msg
> From: John J. (Joe) Smith, CPA, CFP (R) <jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Out of Office
>
> Sorry I am away from the office at this time and cannot respond to your
> email.
>
> However, when people receive his auto-away message, it appears to
> split it into different recipients due to the commas:
>
> From: John@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>         J.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Joe),
>         CPA@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>         CFP (R) <jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Out of Office
> Date: Sat,  5 Nov 2011 06:01:07 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Sorry I am away from the office at this time and cannot respond to your
> email.
>
> Is this a known bug? Can this easily be avoided, outside of removing
> the commas in the user's personal description?

This is not a squirrelmail issue, your mail system (sendmail?) is
splitting the line at "," . You should surround the whole real name which
"" :
From: "John J. (Joe) Smith, CPA, CFP (R)" <jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Also, I have implemented a disclaimer footer using amavisd-new on this
> system, but it doesn't appear to work with squirrelmail, or at least
> this auto-away plugin. Is the mail not being processed through amavisd
> before being sent?
>
> Can I add a disclaimer footer with squirrelmail, without it being
> duplicated by the one with amavisd in other circumstances than the
> vacation message?
also no squirrelmail involved, perhaps better ask on a amavis list or try
google ;)

squirrelmail is just your imap client, all your problem are related to
your mail server...

Roland.