Re: issue with auto-save plugins

Please quote replies normally AND please do not send HTML emails to
this list.  I think you've been around long enough to learn how to do
these things.

>> Hi,
>> I wonder if I can get some help with my problem with autosave plugins for
>> squirrelmail 1.4.20 running on Ubuntu Server 10.04. Today, I have managed
>> get the squirrelmail up and running (very happy with it) on my new
>> machine.
>> I have put in all the plugins I have from my old machine. Everything works
>> fine except for auto-save plugin.
>>
>> What happens is when composing an email, I deliberately moved away from it
>> by clicking on Inbox, then I came back to it by clicking "compose" button.
>> It did not bring back or prompt that there was an unfinished email
>> previously. That is one thing. I then tried to test the "cancel" button.
>> During composing, I deliberately clicked on "Cancel", nothing happened as
>> if
>> the cancel button was functioning at all.
>
> I'd suggest disabling all plugins except quicksave.  You can do this
> easily by configuring $temporary_plugins in config_local.php if you
> use SquirrelMail 1.4.22+
>
> Otherwise, you should watch for JavaScript errors and report them.
>

>> Here is the list of plugins I have included in config.php
>> $plugins[0] = 'view_as_html';
>> $plugins[1] = 'calendar';
>> $plugins[2] = 'message_details';
>> $plugins[3] = 'delete_move_next';
>> $plugins[4] = 'filters';
>> $plugins[5] = 'abook_group_pagination';
>> $plugins[6] = 'abook_import_export';
>> $plugins[7] = 'autocomplete';
>> $plugins[8] = 'autosubscribe';
>> $plugins[9] = 'check_quota';
>> $plugins[10] = 'compatibility';
>> $plugins[11] = 'quicksave';
>> $plugins[12] = 'retrieveuserdata';
>> $plugins[13] = 'select_range';
>> $plugins[14] = 'timeout_user';
>> $plugins[15] = 'login_alias';
>> $plugins[16] = 'newmail';
>> Initially I thought the problem might be to do with compatibility, so I
>> went
>> to import compatibility plugins. This did not help either.
>
> Thank you Paul for your reply.
>
> I have moved all the plugins from installed Plugins to available Plugins
> except for quicksave. The Cancel button still does not work.

Then it sounds like it's probably a JavaScript issue.

> In your
> previous reply, you mentioned something like Javascript error. I did not get
> any javascript error shown from the browser when clicking the cancel button.
> I wonder if you could point me in the right direction as to where I can find
> this error details.

Not sure how I can do that when you don't specify what browser you're
using.  Moreover, this is the kind of thing you should figure out for
yourself.  A simple Internet search would suffice.

I'm happy to help you, but you have to be willing to participate.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team