Re: LDAP

tomáš marnyý wrote:

> Hi,
> what do you mean by saying that "LDAP address books are not listed in
> stable SquirrelMail" ??
> Does that mean that it won't work in the version we're useing ?
> (1.4.8-5.el5.centos.10)

It means that SquirrelMail does not show it, when you select Addresses in
SquirrelMail top meniu. LDAP listing code is disabled in SquirrelMail 1.4.x.
You must search for something in your address books in order to activate
LDAP address book backends. You can search address book only when you
compose message or use some address autocomplete plugins.

tomáš marnyý wrote:

> When I try Compose a main and use the Address button, then in a pop-up
> window I get the following message:
> Error initializing LDAP server 10.74.68.101: [LDAP: 10.74.68.101] Protocol
> error
>
> Concerning the enabling of LDAP in PHP, I think there should be everything
> OK, because for example I managed to implement other LDAP based plugin
> correctly ( change_ldappass ). Or does this still not mean that my PHP
> does have LDAP enabled?

When you added ldap server entry to SquirrelMail configuration, it asked you
about protocol. Set it to '3' instead of leaving default. PHP defaults to v2
and most of current LDAP servers don't accept such connections.

IMHO you had to set $ldap_protocol_version in change_ldappass plugin. Which
protocol used in plugin and which is used in SquirrelMail ldap address book
configuration?

tomáš marnyý wrote:

> Concerning the LDAP testscript - should it be also somehow installed as a
> plugin? Or where should I put the file on the web server?
>
> Many thanks for your support and your answers. I have to admit I'm not
> that much of a PHP/web expert :-(
> But I really like SquirrelMail and have been using it for years. After
> installing the LDAP server I just wanted to integrate it into SquerrelMail
> now as far as possible.

LDAP test script does not depend on SquirrelMail. It is basic LDAP
connectivity test script in PHP. You can save it somewhere on your website
with .php extension, set configuration variables and open it in browser.
Script comments explain meaning of every configuration variable. You don't
have to change anything in script after configuration variables end.

--
Tomas