Error moving mail from Inbox to Drafts

Hi all,

My team has been using SquirrelMail in a development environment for months and have been satisfied with its functionality. We are using Apache James for the email server. Apache James is using MySQL to store emails. Recently, we modified the Apache James/MySQL interaction so that one database table is encrypted. Also, we noticed the following error when trying to move an email from Inbox to Drafts (or any other folder):

ERROR:
ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: COPY 7 "INBOX.Drafts"
Reason Given: COPY processing failed.

  1. What exactly is causing this issue?
  2. Has anyone used SquirrelMail in a situation where the backend is encrypted?
  3. What SquirrelMail file(s) can I dig into to learn more about this error?

Results from configtest.php:

SquirrelMail configtest

This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail configuration and point you to errors wherever it can find them. You need to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this script.

SquirrelMail version:   1.4.21
Config file version:    1.4.0
Config file last modified:      05 July 2011 16:08:10
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.3.6 OK.
    Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 30711
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is enabled.

    ERROR: You have configured PHP not to allow short tags (short_open_tag=off). This shouldn't be a problem with SquirrelMail or any plugin coded coded according to the SquirrelMail Coding Guidelines, but if you experience problems with PHP code being displayed in some of the pages and changing setting to "on" solves the problem, please file a bug report against the failing plugin. The correct contact information is most likely to be found in the plugin documentation.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: https://<machine>/JavaBridge/mail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 <machine> SMTP Server (JAMES SMTP Server) ready Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:05:18 -0400 (EDT))
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK JAMES IMAP4rev1 Server Server <machine> is ready.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ CHILDREN I18NLEVEL=1 WITHIN ESEARCH SEARCHRES IDLE NAMESPACE UIDPLUS UNSELECT AUTH=PLAIN SASL-IR ENABLE
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are unavailable. SquirrelMail will use slower internal gettext functions.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are unavailable. Japanese translation won't work.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Login now

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
Vanessa Pao