ANNOUNCE: SquirrelMail 1.4.22 Released

Greetings all,

The SquirrelMail Team is pleased to announce the release of
SquirrelMail version 1.4.22.  This release contains a large number of
performance enhancements, stability fixes and a few bug/security
fixes.

The most important thing to note when upgrading to version 1.4.22 is
that due to a fix made that standardizes the folder list display,
administrators who had their configuration file set to work around
this issue in the past will need to update their configuration.  This
will commonly affect those using Courier IMAP, but could affect others
as well.

If you have $default_sub_of_inbox set to FALSE in your main
configuration (or, using the configuration tool, see "3. Folder
Defaults" ===> "12. Default Sub. of INBOX"), and you find after
upgrade that your special folders (e.g., Trash, Drafts, Sent) are no
longer listed at the top of your folder list, please change that value
to TRUE.

Also, if you find that this upgrade prevents users from logging in
with an error such as "ERROR: Could not complete request.  Query:
CREATE "Trash" Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name.", you will need to
correct the user preference values for the problem folders.  You can
do so with commands such as the following for file-based preferences
(adjust the data directory location as needed):

   find /var/lib/squirrelmail/data/ -name *.pref -exec sed --in-place
's/trash_folder=Trash/trash_folder=INBOX.Trash/g' {} \;
   find /var/lib/squirrelmail/data/ -name *.pref -exec sed --in-place
's/trash_folder=Drafts/trash_folder=INBOX.Drafts/g' {} \;
   find /var/lib/squirrelmail/data/ -name *.pref -exec sed --in-place
's/trash_folder=Sent/trash_folder=INBOX.Sent/g' {} \;

Or, for database-based preferences:

   UPDATE userprefs SET prefval = 'INBOX.Trash' WHERE prefkey =
'trash_folder' AND prefval = 'Trash';
   UPDATE userprefs SET prefval = 'INBOX.Drafts' WHERE prefkey =
'draft_folder' AND prefval = 'Drafts';
   UPDATE userprefs SET prefval = 'INBOX.Sent' WHERE prefkey =
'sent_folder' AND prefval = 'Sent';

MAKE SURE to back up your user preferences before doing any of the above!

This release also addresses several security issues, including some
harsh but hard to exploit XSS bugs, a general clickjacking
vulnerability, and a small problem with message sanitizing.

If only for the clickjacking protection, we recommend that users of
previous versions of SquirrelMail upgrade at their earliest
convenience.

For more complete details, see the ReleaseNotes and ChangeLog files
included in this release (in the doc/ directory).

The latest release can be downloaded from the SquirrelMail website:

   http://squirrelmail.org/download

Package md5sums
===============
494016b82762e57dca009fd9cc77ac2e  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.tar.bz2
ae9e2bc7f4fa58162b6152fcb0cbb3a5  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.tar.gz
7a54523f31cd93786115d842937390fe  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.zip

Package sha1sums
================
46819275be27e9119e9a2fd976d441cee261ea55  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.tar.bz2
c8c3ffba141d067acaeb14dbd22a8d6bedb39267  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.tar.gz
f14ff878c492cdfb9e0eae1e9d2a860113268f24  squirrelmail-webmail-1.4.22.zip

**** The SquirrelMail team can use your help! ****

Attention all users of SquirrelMail:

SquirrelMail is currently celebrating 12 years of providing free, Open
Source Software to the world.  We have a lot to be grateful for and
many people to thank for how successful we've been!  But running a
high-profile project with all-volunteer labor means that the mundane
chores gradually consume all our effort and sideline our visionary
initiatives for our next big release.  We feel that the time is right,
after so many years of free service, to ask our community to
contribute to the project and support us in keeping up with ongoing
maintenance and development, and in speeding up the release of our
new, fully-skinable "Web 2.0" version.  Please visit our donations and
bounties page here:

   http://squirrelmail.org/donations.php

Or send us your old hardware!  Some SquirrelMail development takes
place on hardware that's probably older than the computer you just
retired.  :-)  Get in touch if you can help.

Attention developers:

We consist of volunteers developing the most popular open source
webmail client available.  We're looking for people to join our team
to help keep our product quality high and to continue to deliver new
and enhanced features.  Our project offers an interesting challenge at
the intersection of the IMAP, SMTP and HTTP protocols.

What can you do to help? Any of the following:
 * Develop new features: help out adding new technologies to SquirrelMail
 * Help sort and fix bugs: interact with submitters, find test cases and
   solutions to bugs
 * Support our users by answering questions on the mailing lists or the IRC
   channel
 * Translate SquirrelMail into your language
 * Donate to the developers: feed us nuts or send us your old hardware!

For more details, please refer to http://squirrelmail.org/howtohelp

Happy SquirrelMailing!
The SquirrelMail Project Team

--