Re: Configuration for dovecot

Hi,

>> I have a new fc14 system that I've just installed squirrelmail
>> v1.4.21, and trying to configure it with dovecot. I've set the
>> configuration options in squirrelmail to use dovecot, but it just
>> reports the following in the site logs:
>
> Please explain how you did that.  We need to know EXACTLY what you've
> configured.  Please don't make us guess.

I wasn't sure if you wanted my whole dovecot configuration?

I also found that fedora apparently has some restriction on accounts
with a uid less than 500. I think that may have been an issue.

>> [Wed Apr 27 18:05:16 2011] [error] [client 68.195.193.42] PHP Warning:
>>  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in
>> /var/lib/squirrelmail/www/functions/global.php on line 258, referer:
>> https://www.mydomain.com/webmail/src/login.php
>>
>> What is the cause of this?
>
> Dunno.  You can go to that line, and immediately above it put in a
> debugging line something like:
>
> sm_print_r(debug_backtrace());

Thanks, it pointed out some information in squirrel_logger, and after
disabling the plugin, the problem went away. I'll investigate that
configuration again.

>> Where can I find basic documentation for
>> configuring the dovecot requirements?
>
> config/conf.pl ==> option D

Yes, understood. I was actually referring to dovecot itself, and how
it should properly be configured for squirrelmail.

Considering that it now works, I guess I've configured it properly.
The dovecot documentation is enormous. Tough to figure out just where
to start, and how it relates to fedora.

Thanks again,
Alex