Several Questions concerning the change_passwd plugin

Title: Several Questions concerning the change_passwd plugin

Hi there --

I am running SquirrelMail version 1.4.8-5.el5.centos.10 on a CentOS 5.6 64-bit distribution
with MailScanner 4.83.4, Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8, and Dovecot 1.0.7 release. All applications
listed, with the exception of MailScanner, are the packaged versions that come bundled with
the operation system. I had two questions concerning the change_passwd plugin.

First, I have completed the installation of the change_passwd 4.2b and compatibility 2.0.16-1.0
plugins, and I have been able to change a user's password without any problem. I did notice
one anomaly:

The day that I tested the plugin was today, April 20, and while the timestamp for /etc/shadow file
has changed, the /etc/passwd file does not reflect the change that took place. I confirmed the password
change went into effect by logging into the server via an SSH terminal window with the new password.

Is that by design, or is there something else that needs to be done?

Second, I am trying to set up a "Change Password" button on the login page of SquirrelMail to
provide a "short cut" to the password change utility. I went online, and came across a method to
accomplish this task. The login.php file gets modified with the text included as an attachment
to this email.

When I click on the newly created button, the following error message appears on-screen:

                        <e-mail server FQDN>:2222/CMD_CHANGE_EMAIL_PASSWORD

At first I thought the firewall on the server was blocking port 2222, so I created an exception in
the rules table, restarted the firewall, and tried clicking on the "Change Password" button. The error
message continued to appear on-screen.

Has anyone done something similar to this, and can let me know what changes are needed here?

Also, if it is against protocol to have more than one question in a posting, please let me know, and
I can resend the second portion of this e-mail separate from the first.

Thanks.

<<squirrel-mail-pass-button.txt>>

dispose of the e-mail.
Replace (Exactly):

'<center>'. addSubmit(_("Login")) .'</center>',

WITH

'<center>'. addSubmit(_("Login")) .'<INPUT TYPE=button VALUE="Change Password" onClick="window.location.href=\'http://' .  $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . ':2222/CMD_CHANGE_EMAIL_PASSWORD\'"></center>',