Re: How do I sort Search Results by descending date?

On 4/4/11 4:19 PM, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

Steve Giessler-2 wrote:
Dear fellow Squirrelmail admins,

I have SM 1.4.21 installed on Debian and after spending quite a bit of
time searching all over for the answer I decided to post the question to
this list. Whenever someone does a Search in SM, the Search Results
window gives the results sorted by date in ASCENDING order (oldest to
newest) but users would prefer these results to be sorted by date in
DESCENDING order (newest to oldest).

How can I make that happen without rewriting the .php code? Is there an
option to change that or a plugin that will allow me to do that? I could
not find it.  BTW - server side sorting is enabled and I use the latest
stable Exim and Dovecot IMAP with Maildir format if that matters (and
PHP 5.2.16-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7)

SquirrelMail does not use SORT extension in search. Search results are not
sorted. They are listed in the way IMAP server returns them and results look
like sorted by arrival date. Newer arrivals get higher UIDs.

Order can be reversed with one line of code in functions/imap_search.php.
Same function can be modified to use SORT extension.

Tomas,

Any chance you or someone can tell me what that one line of code might be?

Steve