Re: How to enforce Squirrelmail to use a specific source IP address?

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much !!!
I have tried your first suggestion and it's working perfectly well now
:)

All I had to do was to edit this file;
     /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php

comment out the line below;
 //  $imap_stream = @fsockopen($imap_server_address, $imap_port,
$error_number, $error_string, 15);

and add the following new section instead;
if (function_exists('stream_context_create') &&
function_exists('stream_socket_client')) {
     $socket_options = array('socket' => array('bindto' =>
'X.X.X.X:0'));
     $socket_context = stream_context_create($socket_options);
     $imap_stream =
stream_socket_client("$imap_server_address:$imap_port",
     $error_number,$error_string, 15, STREAM_CLIENT_CONNECT,
$socket_context);
     }
else {
       $imap_stream = @fsockopen($imap_server_address, $imap_port,
                                 $error_number, $error_string, 15);
}

Where X.X.X.X is my specific IP address that I want the Squirrelmail to
bind to.
That's it :)

Thank you very much indeed,
Best Regards