Unread Mails after Update to 1.4.22 (SVN)

Hello,

i just updated squirrelmail from 1.4.13 to 1.4.22 (SVN) and all went good
but one thing is strange:
I log in to Squirrelmail-webmail and I see that there are 302 unread emails.
They are NOT unread, because I read them already in my email-client but
anyway, I mark all of them as read, and it seems to work.
But at the next check they are again unread. It was working before with
1.4.13.

What could it be, what did I do wrong?
Is this a typical thing, something I forgot etc.?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Frank Walter