Re: 2 different questions about sqmail

On Friday, January 07, 2011 07:36:20 am Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
> >> Set loosy encoding to true or convert Turkish translation to utf-8.
> >>
> >> Default charset is applied only to US English translation as
> >> config_default.php and conf.pl says.
> >
> > First just set loosy encoding true but it didnât help, then set
> > default_charset to UTF-8 and it works.
>
> Could you show exact default_charset value, language setting from user
> preferences, your functions/i18n.php file and sample email which failed to
> display symbols only in forwards and replies. Which Debian version are you
> running and which Turkish locales are enabled in /etc/locale.gen?

Some users are set english sqmail , some turkish and even some russian
according to their usage preferences.(There are thousands of users so i dont
want to force them to use only one language setting in their webmail software)
Mine was in english while i was testing.

i18n.php file turkish related lines:

$languages['tr_TR']['NAME']    = 'Turkish';
$languages['tr_TR']['CHARSET'] = 'iso-8859-9';
$languages['tr_TR']['LOCALE']  =
array('tr_TR.ISO8859-9','tr_TR.ISO-8859-9','tr_TR');
$languages['tr']['ALIAS']      = 'tr_TR';

This is my locale.gen file:
en_US ISO-8859-1
tr_TR ISO-8859-9
tr_TR.UTF-8 UTF-8
ru_RU ISO-8859-5
ru_RU.CP1251 CP1251
ru_RU.KOI8-R KOI8-R
ru_RU.UTF-8 UTF-8
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

Debian version: 4.0
Apache version Apache/2.2.3

I got problems in all emails (doesnt matter if it is sent by sqmail or outlook
or smthing else) which has any turkish chars in it.