Re: HTML email displayed as source

Alex-325 wrote:

> It does look like the view_html plugin was the cause, but it will have
> to wait for 1.4.21 because it requires 1.4.10 or above. I assume it's
> already installed in the default 1.4.21?

I haven't said "remove view_as_html plugin". I've asked to add it. Your
problem is not caused by some SquirrelMail plugin. view_as_html plugin does
not cause your problem. It changes SquirrelMail code in a way, which in some
cases ignores message body format provided by IMAP server and uses
information from Content-Type header.

Your problem was caused by software which does not follow MIME formatting
standards. If MIME-Version header is missing, neither SquirrelMail nor
Thunderbird should display email in html. Content-Type: text/html header
should be ignored, if MIME-Version header is not set. SquirrelMail gets
message structure from IMAP server and your IMAP server correctly tags
message as plain text. Thunderbird for some reason ignores MIME
specification and displays plain text message as html.

view_as_html plugin is not in default SquirrelMail package. SquirrelMail
1.4.10 is required only by 3.8 version. You are free to use older versions.