after upgrading from SM 1.4.8 to 1.4.21 can't login with error You must be logged in to access this page

Hello,

I've upgraded Squirrelmail from version 1.4.8 to 1.4.21
and copied config.php version of SM 1.4.8 to SM 1.4.21.
PHP version 4.3.11.
Also I've changed symbolic link to
/usr/share/squirrelmail -> /usr/share/squirrelmail-1.4.21

My Apache 2.0 configuration file for squirrelmail squirrelmail.conf has alias
Alias /mail /usr/share/squirrelmail

When I am trying to login SM 1.4.21 after entering login name and
password I get the error message:

You must be logged in to access this page.
Go to the login page

and  unable to  login SM 1.4.21.

There are no error messages in Apache and php logs.
I've tried with FireFox and Internet Explorer the result is the same.
After some investigation I've found the following information which
as I guess may be helpfull.

After unsuccessfull trying to login SM 1.4.21 I've looked in Firefox to see what
cookies are used by SM 1.4.21.
I've discovered 2 SQMSESSID cookies at the same time.
One SQMSESSID cookie is left by SM 1.4.8 , as I guess, and has such content:

content:  a40f283b332005c8182afbe3b520b96a
host: my_server
path: /

Another SQMSESSID cookie is of SM 1.4.21:

content: a40f283b332005c8182afbe3b520b96a
host: my_server
path: /mail/

The only difference between these 2 SQMSESSID cookies is path value.
Why do these SQMSESSID cookies differ ?

What interesting is that after deleting all SM cookies I could login SM 1.4.21.
But to make all users to delete squirrelmail cookies is not good solution for this
problem.

Are there other ways to solve this problem and why has it arisen ?

Below is the result of configtest.php for SM 1.4.21

SquirrelMail configtest

This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail configuration and
point you to errors whereever
it can find them. You need to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before
you run this script.

SquirrelMail version:   1.4.21
Config file version:    1.4.0
Config file last modified:      26 October 2010 19:12:05
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 4.3.11 OK.
    Running as apache(48) / apache(48)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 2047
    variables_order OK: EGPCS.
    gpc_order OK: GPC.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is enabled.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: https://my_server/mail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    sendmail OK
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+
LOGIN-REFERRALS XIMAPPROXY]
mail.pnpi.spb.ru IMAP4rev1 2007d.404 at Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:39:30 +0400 (MSD))
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ UIDPLUS NAMESPACE
CHILDREN MAILBOX-REFERRALS
BINARY UNSELECT ESEARCH WITHIN SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
MULTIAPPEND LOGIN-REFERRALS
XIMAPPROXY
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have
appropriate system locales
compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Thanks.