Re: default signature

From: Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  default signature
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:55:48 -0700

----- Original Message Follows -----
> 2010/9/16 Goran ObradoviÄ&#65533; <goran.obradovic@xxxxxxx>:> Hi,>> Although the system works
well, I
> have encountered a problem I need to> solve: certain receivers, especially those whose e-mail
> system has strict> anti-spam settings, do not receive e-mails sent via Squirrelmail or these>
> e-mails do not reach Inbox because they're recognised as spam/junk mail. I> believe this happens
> due to the default signature (probably the URL that is> a part of the signature) that the system
> adds to each e-mail:On what information do you base this?  How do you know that theproblem isn't a
> more fundamental mail system configuration issue?  Arecipient of your emails who is not getting
> them and has access to (orcan ask for) their mail server logs should be able to see why the
> mailwas rejected.  A recipient of your emails who is seeing them moved toa spam folder should be
> able to tell you what rules your emails aretriggering.  SquirrelMail is probably not your problem,
> or if it is,it's either your configuration or use of it that i s.>
> -----------------------------------------> This email was sent using SquirrelMail.>
"Webmail
> for nuts!"> http://squirrelmail.org/>> I've tried to find the solution in Squirrelmail
> documentation, on the> Internet, as well as by trying various things myself, but cannot seem to>
> find the way to remove the default signature. Could somebody tell me how to> do that?Disable the
> Email Footer plugin if you must.  However, I doubt thatthis simple URL is going to trip spam
> filters (emails commonly containmany URLs), and it certainly will NOT be the cause of emails
> gettingflat out rejected.  You have a more serious mail system setup issue.-- Paul
> LesniewskiSquirrelMail TeamPlease support Open Source Software by donating to
> SquirrelMail!http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php-----------------------------------
> -------------------------------------------Start uncovering the many advantages of virtual
> appliancesand start using them to simplify application deployment andaccelerate your shift to
> cloud compu ting.http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev-----squirrelmail-users mailing listPosting
> guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelinesList address:
> squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx archives:

Disabling the email footer plugin solved my problem - thank you very much for your help :)

It's hard to get (see) logs from foreign systems to be shore where the problem is but based on fact
that email sent from the same sender to the same recipient but using IMAP or SMTP client (instead of
Squirrelmail) wasn't recognised as junk mail raise suspicion that this could be tie to Squirrelmail.

Thanks one again