Re: default signature

2010/9/16 Goran Obradović <goran.obradovic@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Although the system works well, I have encountered a problem I need to
> solve: certain receivers, especially those whose e-mail system has strict
> anti-spam settings, do not receive e-mails sent via Squirrelmail or these
> e-mails do not reach Inbox because they're recognised as spam/junk mail. I
> believe this happens due to the default signature (probably the URL that is
> a part of the signature) that the system adds to each e-mail:

On what information do you base this?  How do you know that the
problem isn't a more fundamental mail system configuration issue?  A
recipient of your emails who is not getting them and has access to (or
can ask for) their mail server logs should be able to see why the mail
was rejected.  A recipient of your emails who is seeing them moved to
a spam folder should be able to tell you what rules your emails are
triggering.  SquirrelMail is probably not your problem, or if it is,
it's either your configuration or use of it that is.

> This email was sent using SquirrelMail.
>   "Webmail for nuts!"
> http://squirrelmail.org/
>
> I've tried to find the solution in Squirrelmail documentation, on the
> Internet, as well as by trying various things myself, but cannot seem to
> find the way to remove the default signature. Could somebody tell me how to
> do that?

Disable the Email Footer plugin if you must.  However, I doubt that
this simple URL is going to trip spam filters (emails commonly contain
many URLs), and it certainly will NOT be the cause of emails getting
flat out rejected.  You have a more serious mail system setup issue.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team