Re: change_passwd-4.3beta7-1.2.8.tar.gz -- has stopped working.

>>> Changed the following in config.php in hopes of gaining a clue:
>>> // If you want see the output of the chpasswd program (usually^M
>>> // only useful for debugging purposes, set this to 1^M
>>> //^M
>>> $seeOutput = 1;^M
>>> ^M
>>> ^M
>>> ^M
>>> // For debugging only, set this variable to 1.  WARNING: this will ^M
>>> // echo any password information you enter in clear text!  Please ^M
>>> // use this setting with care!^M
>>> //^M
>>> $debug = 1;^M
>>
>> You might want to avoid using windows to edit your configuration
>> files.  This could be hazardous to your health.
>
> I don't use windows for editing unix files. I may have copy and pasted, etc.

Then you probably unpackaged the tarball in windoze and used the wrong
FTP mode to upload to your server.

>>> --------------- The results after the changes above:
>>>
>>> permission of chpasswd executable are: 104750
>>>
>>> To test the chpasswd utility from the commandline, do this:
>>>
>>> change_passwd/chpasswd 'userID' 'old_pass' 'new_pass' 2>&1
>>>
>>> THE RESULT:
>>> ELF binary type "0" not known.
>>
>> Seems like you didn't recompile it to work on your system.
>
> You may have lost me again, with the recompile statement.

It's in the INSTALL file.  Step five.

> This install
> was build from src, as well as all installed ports.

Not the plugin I presume.

> That being said, ELF
> was a native install; I didn't see any instructions for recompiling it for
> use with any port I installed.  Please enlighten me.
>>
>>> --------------------------------
>>>
>>> We try and use:
>>> $pathToPw ='/full/path/'
>>
>> "/full/path/"??
>
> $pathToPw ='/usr/sbin/pw'
>

>>> RESULT:
>>> In red; "Your password was changed successfully"
>>> left-click on the INBOX, it logs/signs the user 'out'.
>>> While attempting to log back in SM will not use the new password, it
>>> continues to use the 'old_password'.
>>
>> Whatever you pointed $pathToPw to does not seem to be correct.
>> "/full/path/" certainly is not correct.
>
> The whereis program on FreeBSD reports the above path.

Does the plugin report any information when $seeOutput and $debug are
enabled when using $pathToPw?  What happens when you run /usr/sbin/pw
on the command line (especially su'd to the user who runs the web
server)?

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team