Re: Your session has expired - can't login

>>> I get this morning a great problem with SM 1.4.8-5.el5.centos.10 on
>>> CentOS 5.5
>>>
>>> when the users wants to login, all user gets the error message "Your
>>> session has expired, but will be resumed after logging in again".
>>>
>>> No one is able to login.
>>>
>>> Yesterday everything works perfect.
>>> no changes where made!!
>>
>> Impossible.
>
> for me: possible ;-(

*Something* had to change in order for the behavior to change.  It's
your job to tell us what that is.

>>> httpd restart/Server reboot doesn't fix this problem.
>>>
>>> Whats going on?
>>
>> You tell us.  Check your logs, read the posting guidelines.  Currently
>> my crystal ball is in the shop.
>
> ;-)
>
> I've already checked my logs (httpd/dovecot/messages/maillog/daemon.log)
> No errors ore something similar.
>
> I have also removed one Useraccount (from CentOS, SM pref-file,
> IMAP-mailbox) and recreated it.
>
> Error still exists, and for all other users.
>
> Date and time is in sync with the ntp servers.
> No rootkit installed ;-)
> Filesystems are also OK.
>
> Is there maybe are session lockfile (for the connection duration or
> something else) in SM available, which I should remove?

You could start by deleting all PHP session files, or at least all
those that contain SquirrelMail data.  Also clear all cookies in your
browser (although you might not want to do that if you want to mimic
your users who probably won't be able to figure out how to do that).
You could also do things like show your PHP session timeout value and
try increasing it.  Also show your plugins and try running with NO
plugins activated to see if that helps.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team