Re: Collapsable Folders broken with Dovecot IMAP server

> Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxx> wrote:
>> Can you please expand your comment about "collapse all folders" ?
>>
> SquirrelMail can collapse only subfolders. Subfolders are folders that have
> parent folders.
>
> If all your mbox files (except INBOX) are in ~/Mail/, SquirrelMail can't
> collapse anything. All folders are top folders.

No, that isn't correct.  All user mbox files (IMAP folders) are in a
hierarchical filesystem directory tree under ~/Mail/.  There are only
about 20 folders/subdirectories at the top level, but more than 2000
folders below that level.

Thunderbird is perfectly capable of displaying a hierarchical folder
structure.  Each filesystem subdirectory is displayed with a "+" or "-" sign
which is collapsable.  I was hoping that Squirrelmail would be able to do the
same thing, since they both use the same Dovecot IMAP server.  But maybe
I'm mistaken: Is it correct that Squirrelmail DOES NOT support folders
in a hierarchical filesystem directory tree ?  If so, is this just a bug,
or should we suggest the developers to make this enhancement ?

> See screenshots with collapsible folders in Cyrus and Dovecot
> http://yfrog.com/1nnuotrauka4p
>
> In Cyrus all personal folders are under INBOX. So I can collapse them with -
> sign next to INBOX. In Dovecot folders are not under INBOX, I can't collapse
> all folders, but I can collapse subfolders of Trash (folder listing in the
> right, + sign indicates collapsed folders) or Sent (same folder listing, -
> sign indicates collapsible folders)
>
> Thunderbird works correctly because this program has account name above
> folder listing. You collapse account in Dovecot. See how folders are
> positioned differently in Cyrus and Dovecot. http://yfrog.com/n8nuotrauka6p
> . SquirrelMail is usually used with only one account and has very basic
> namespace support, so there was no point to implement collapsible "Personal
> folders" or "Account No1 and only" header in left folder listing.

I'm not following you here.  We definitely need Collapsable Folders with
only one account.  There is no reason to invoke namespaces here, because
the mbox folder structure is a trivial filesystem tree under ~/Mail/

Best regards,
Ole