Re: "retrieveuserdata" plugin w/ PHP5

On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 03:14 -0700, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

> Andrea Gozzi-3 wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> > I had been successfully using the "retrieveuserdata" plugin for quite
> > some time but since I upgraded PHP to v5.3.2, it has stopped working.
> > I did some debugging on SM and it seems that the plugin is never even
> > called. I also have "squirrel_logger" installed and that works fine with
> > the new PHP version.
> >
> > Anybody had similar issues? I am running 1.4.20 stable.
> >
> SquirrelMail 1.4.20, PHP 5.3.2, retrieveuserdata 0.9. Set to use textfile
> backend, enabled textfile options and create user description. Logged in.
> Works.
>
> If plugin is "never called", it is not enabled in your SquirrelMail
> configuration or plugins/retrieveuserdata/setup.php access permissions are
> too tight or there are owner differences and you run PHP in safe mode. If
> plugin is enabled in config.php, but can't be loaded due to safe_mode or
> file system restrictions. you should see notices in configtest.php.
>
> Without knowing which backend you are using and more details about your
> setup, it is impossible to tell, if some retrieveuserdata backend is broken
> due to PHP 5.3.2 changes.
>
> --
> Tomas

Hi Tomas.

My bad. Last night I was kind of tired :)
Anyway, I use the MySQL backend. I did some more digging today and the
plugin seems to fail at mysql.php:67

> if (! $mysql_use_persistent)

I couldn't find any reference to that variable anywhere in the plugin
code. But commenting it out did the trick. Now names and addresses are
retrieved correctly from the DB.

Andrea Gozzi