Re: Problems forwarding attachments with iso-8859-1 encoded filenames

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:16:46AM -0700, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>Helge Milde wrote:
>>
>> [..]
>>

>Test your PHP settings (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings)
>and show all local mbstring and session extension setting values.

mbstring:
Multibyte Support   enabled
Multibyte string engine     libmbfl
Multibyte (japanese) regex support  enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version     4.4.4
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check     On

mbstring extension makes use of "streamable kanji code filter and converter", which is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.

Directive   Local Value Master Value
mbstring.detect_order   no value    no value
mbstring.encoding_translation   Off Off
mbstring.func_overload  0   0
mbstring.http_input pass    pass
mbstring.http_output    pass    pass
mbstring.internal_encoding  ISO-8859-1  no value
mbstring.language   neutral neutral
mbstring.strict_detection   Off Off
mbstring.substitute_character   no value    no value

session:
Session Support     enabled
Registered save handlers    files user
Registered serializer handlers  php php_binary wddx

Directive   Local Value Master Value
session.auto_start  Off Off
session.bug_compat_42   On  On
session.bug_compat_warn On  On
session.cache_expire    180 180
session.cache_limiter   nocache nocache
session.cookie_domain   no value    no value
session.cookie_httponly Off Off
session.cookie_lifetime 0   0
session.cookie_path /   /
session.cookie_secure   Off Off
session.entropy_file    no value    no value
session.entropy_length  0   0
session.gc_divisor  100 100
session.gc_maxlifetime  1440    1440
session.gc_probability  0   0
session.hash_bits_per_character 4   4
session.hash_function   0   0
session.name    PHPSESSID   PHPSESSID
session.referer_check   no value    no value
session.save_handler    files   files
session.save_path   /var/lib/php5   /var/lib/php5
session.serialize_handler   php php
session.use_cookies On  On
session.use_only_cookies    Off Off
session.use_trans_sid   0   0

>Show changes made by Nutsmail (you have such right as long as you don't
>include copyrighted theme files) or try to reproduce same problem in
>standard SquirrelMail 1.4.20 setup.

Installed and tried SquirrelMail 1.4.20.
First I just copied over the configs, and I got the exact same problem, but then I tried the default config (except for $attachment_dir and $data_dir), and the attachments were sent successfully.
After some testing, it looks like the behaviour appears as soon as I change $squirrelmail_default_language to UTF-8 (nn_NO and en_US works, but nb_NO doesn't).

nn_NO (nynorsk) is not the written language we use where I live, so being able to use nb_NO (bokmål) is quite important :)

>PHP5 is from libapache2-mod-php5 or from php5-cgi package?

libapache2-mod-php5.

>Do you have some proxy in front of real web service or use mod_rewrite hacks
>in your setup?

Nope. Nothing special at all. Just a plain apache vhost.

--
Helge Milde, 69701808
www.monsternett.no