Re: Squirrelmail: UTF-8 not handled well

Michelle Konzack-2 wrote:

> Hello Charles Howes,
>
> it seems Squirrelmail does not even handel UTF-8.
>
> My "apache2" is set by default to "UTF-8" and  works  perfectly  without
> changing anything or declating UTF-8 im my website.
>
> If I connect to <webmail.tdwave.net> anything is screwed up.
>
> "squirrelmail" is sending always iso-8859-1  and  not  even  considering
> iso-8859-15.
>
> EVEN, if my interface is setup to "farsi", I can not  copy-past  "UTF-8"
> text into the message feeild and send it.
>
> Sorry !"squirrelmail developers" but you are transforming this tool into
> the last crap.  I am already ongoing to  code  my  own  ALREADY  WORKING
> "UTF-8" Web-Mail interface.  Even if I have to code each feature my self
> it saves me headache...
>
> "UTF-8" and "farsi" was not working,  is  not  working  and  will  never
> working with "squirrelmail"
>
> Since I have never goten help on this issue, it is a  useless  piece  of
> software which works only for "US-ASCII" and not even "de_DE.UTF-8".

Links to your screenshots are not working. I get "404 Not found" for
http://webmail.tdwave.net/errors/001_webdeveloper.jpg and
http://webmail.tdwave.net/errors/002_new_message.jpg

Please watch your language. You haven't showed any screenshot that proves it
so far. You only complain and call names without actually showing problem
which can be reproduced on other machine. SquirrelMail might have problems
with internationalization, but it is not "does not handle utf-8". I am not
SquirrelMail developer and I am not obliged to fix your problems, if you
start insulting SquirrelMail, me or my work.