difficulty viewing emails in folders in squirrelmail-20100407_0200-SVN.devel

hello,
trying
squirrelmail-20100407_0200-SVN.devel
using I think the same sort of configuration as my 1.4.20 install which
works well, in squirrelmail-20100407_0200-SVN.devel I get the folder list
in the left folder pane but clicking on the folder shows the same inbox
(unsorted) contents and not the contents of that directory.
this may well be my ignorance as I have explained I just do this for myself.
I don't know which files to show but if anybody is interested and
indicates I can post the contents.

cheers
mick

--