username display 2.3

PHP 5.2.12

web server IIS 5.2

IMAP server c-Client version 2004
SMTP server= yes

OS = Windows NT IIS519 5.2 build 3790

software installed manually

issue:

I have successfully installed SquirrelMail, it works. I want to install
some kind of user signup page where any new user can create an account.

one of squirrel mail's suggestions for doing that, at
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-9.html, is to install VMailMgr
and then VAdmin.

however, the VMailMgr FAQ (http://untroubled.org/vmailmgr/docs/FAQ.html)
says I need a C and C++ compiler and linker?? is it not installed like the
other SquirrelMail plugins?

it says VMailMgr requires qmail?? it says "VMailMgr is based around qmail's
handling of virtual users, and as such requires qmail for its operation."
well  I'm already using SquirrelMail. how can SquirrelMail suggest using
VMailMgr if it requires qmail instead?

on the "How To" page (http://untroubled.org/vmailmgr/docs/HOWTO.html) it
goes over installing binaries and stuff, giving a bunch of Linux command
lines. doesn't this work on a Windows server?

I'm utterly lost. I thought you install it by simply unzipping files, set a
config.php, FTP to the right folder and enable the plugin in SquirrelMail.

Send big files for free. Simple steps. No registration.
Visit now http://www.nawelny.com