Re: Blank pages / no response

squirrelmail-5 wrote:

> At 02:52 PM 1/14/2010, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>white page on 3k messages usually means that you are using SquirrelMail
php
>>based message sorting. Enable server side sorting in SquirrelMail
>>configuration, if your IMAP server supports it. You should not turn on
>>server side threading. It does not improve speed and only adds other
option
>>with high I/O and memory usage.
>
> thank you - good to know.
>
> $allow_thread_sort        = TRUE;
> $allow_server_sort        = FALSE;
>
> however fixes it (I didn't need to set them both to TRUE, just
> thread_sort, only change I made)
>
> $allow_thread_sort        = FALSE;
> $allow_server_sort        = TRUE;
> does not fix it.

Are you sure about it? Maybe you confused these two options.
$allow_thread_sort = TRUE; does not improve SquirrelMail performance. It
might do something only when user has threading turned on for selected
mailbox and server is good at sorting messages by thread. User can't turn on
threading for selected mailbox, if it is not enabled in SquirrelMail
configuration. If mailbox is not threaded, this option does nothing. You
can't fix problem just by turning it on in SquirrelMail configuration. User
does not use it.

Turning off server side sorting is not good thing, if your IMAP server
supports SORT extension.

Could you set error reporting to E_ALL and turn on display of PHP errors?
Then switch threading off in SquirrelMail configuration and try to reproduce
your problem. Blank page can be caused by fatal PHP error or memory limit.

--
Tomas