Re: error 450 4.1.8 can't send e-mail

OveR-4 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm getting such error while tryying to send e-mail everything worked fine
> till I changed my outgoing mail host from falcon.myfakedomain.pl to
> poczta.myfakedomain.pl but I don't know why the squirrelmail still gets
> the old one.
>
> Message not sent. Server replied:
>
>     Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable
>     450 4.1.8 <biuro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Sender address rejected:
> Domain not found
>
> in config check all is ok
>
>       Base URL detected as: http://localhost/poczta/src (location base
> autodetected)
>    Checking outgoing mail service....
>        SMTP server OK (220 ESMTP on poczta.myfakedomain.pl !)
>
> config tool shows this
>
> A.  Update IMAP Settings   : localhost:143 (dovecot)
> B.  Update SMTP Settings   : localhost:25
>
> I also changed those settings from localhost to poczta.myfakedomain.pl but
> got no effect
>
> /etc/hosts looks like this
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> *.*.*.118  ns1.myfakedomain.pl falcon
> *.*.*.119  poczta.myfakedomain.pl
>
> hostname is falcon
>
> I tried to remove and install again squirrelmail but got no effect on this
> one
> got no idea from where squirrelmail grabs the old falcon instead of
> poczta.
> Sending e-mail by outlookexpress and other clients works fine only
> squirrelmail does not work.
> Any idea what to do ?

Fix your domain settings and make sure that SMTP service sees them
correctly.

Your email server refuses to accept email, because SquirrelMail uses
incorrect domain name in sender's address. Either you have outdated domain
in user preferences or you put bogus domain in SquirrelMail configuration
and want to send emails without actually getting emails back to same address
or your SMTP server does not see updated host info.

--
Tomas