Re: Vacation plugin choice

Please quote your replies correctly.  My text should be quoted and
your reply right after it.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Jevos, Peter <Peter.Jevos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I want to use Vacation plugin but I don't know which one will work
> with my
>> running autoresponse program -
>> http://nefaria.com/project_index/autoresponse/
>
> That page does not give details about how the vacation replies are
> formed.  It only gives the commands you can use to manage them.  I
> personally don't have time to look further, but if the technology
> behind this project is a file in the user's home directory (such as
> .forward files), then you can use Local User Autoresponder and Mail
> Forwarder.
>
>> I know that some of the pulgin works with Vacation program but I'd
> like to
>> know if I can use this plugin with my Autoresponse
>>
>> I don't need to use ftp, ldap and so on, just local response files are
>> enough
>
> It's not about if you "need" something like FTP.... FTP can give you a
> conduit for accessing the vacation settings from PHP.
>

> Thanks or your answer Paul
> I forgot to add that I'm using virtual users ( with mysql ) and not a
> local users.

Um, yeah, major gaff.

> According the README in Local User Autoresponder it's available only for
> a local users accounts
>
> So any vacation plugin that supprtos virtual users ?

Courier vacation.  It can probably work for you, although you still
don't give any info about where the vacation messages are.  You'll
probably want beta code from me, its author.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team