Re: Squirell mail stopped working for one user after several years!

OK. User has lots of folders, some use long names, but all folders are
listed as quoted strings. No literal strings, no double quotes in folder
names, only some folders have utf7-imap encoded & sign. I don't see
anything that might trigger issues in mailbox list generation.

Maybe error was generated by some command executed before LIST and that
command haven't read results from IMAP server.

Two more debugging steps.
1. If you use SquirrelMail filters plugin, could you temporally disable it
and see if it fixes issue? If you have other plugins that work with IMAP
(proon, mail_fetch, user special mailboxes or some other), could you
disable them too?

2. If first step does not solve your problem, could you unsubscribe all
folders and resubscribe them one by one until some folder triggers that
error. If user can't access
http://your-server/squirrelmail/src/folders.php, maybe you can backup his
or her Courier IMAP subscriptions file (courierimapsubscribed file stored
in user's Maildir), remove courierimapsubscribed file from Maildir and
then try logging in with basic SquirrelMail setup (no plugins).

2009.11.29 10:14 James Reid rašė:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> Hope that you don't mind that I have emailed you direct - would prefer not
> to share my email folders with the whole list!
>
> Here is my dump (note: I tried using list "*" "*" but that returned
> nothing
> - having done a quick search I think you meant for me to do a list ""
> "*"):

> =========
> # telnet 127.0.0.1 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to myserver.com (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
> THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP
> ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for
> distribution information.
> A01 login myuser mypassword
> A01 OK LOGIN Ok.
> A02 list "" "*"