Re: Bug Report (Replying to mails with a sender address containing a comma results in failure or weird outcome)

> Additionally I figured out that this bug may only happen if the original
> mail's sender's real name contains accentuated (non-ASCII) characters, because
> when I send a mail to an address in which the real name part contains non-
> ASCII characters, then squirrelmail removes the leading and trailing quote (")
> characters from the name!!! Maybe this is the root cause of the bug in fact!
>
> 2009. november 16. 13.08.46 dátummal ezt írta:
>> I subscribe to the squirrelmail-users mailing list.
>>   [ ]  True - No need to CC me when replying
>>   [X]  False - Please CC me when replying
>>
>> This bug occurs when I view a particular message
>>

>> The description of the bug:
>>
>> When someone, who has a comma in his real name (e.g.: "Doe, John
>> <johndoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>") either in from or reply-to, and the I want to
>>  reply, squirrelmail will handle his/her name+address, as two separate
>>  addresses:
>>
>> 1.: "Doe"
>> 2.: "John <johndoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>"

You appear to be using version 1.4.17.  As I recall, this bug was
fixed in one of the following releases.  You should upgrade to
1.4.20-RC2 and try again.  Also note that if the email being replied
to was NOT sent using SquirrelMail, it might have an ill-formed From
header, in which case, the sending client is at fault and needs to be
fixed.  In the future, it would be helpful if you included the full
headers for an email that causes this problem.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team