Re: Stupid users and 10K INBOX

On 16-Nov-2009, at 03:01, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * LuKreme <kremels@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Nov 12, 2009, at 1:50, Ralf Hildebrandt
>> <Ralf.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hm, which IMAP server is that?
>>
>> Courier-imapd-ssl running on pretty old hardware.
>
> Yes, that's very slow, since it does no header caching (unlike dovecot)

I think when I setup this server in 2001 I made the right choice on courier.

I am thinking that when I get the new hardware in (this week?) I am going to go with dovecot even though it means learning a whole new setup process. Certainly the authentication module seems to be a lot better (that is, easier to grok) and the IMAP server seems to be more mature.

I post this mostly, I suppose, as fair warning of the numerous stupid questions I may be asking in the coming week, bit hear and over on postfix-users. :)

Is there an ETA on 1.5 moving into Stable? Or is it good enough for pretty light use (I really only have a dozen or so users that use webmail at all anymore as anything other than a very occasional 'Ooops, I'm not at my machine right now, let me check this email on [PUBLIC/BORROWED MACHINE] real quick.'). I'm currently running 1.4.19_1

--
'Dojo! What is Rule One?'
Even the cowering challenger mumbled along to the chorus: