Cannot read LARGE 45.8M INBOX folder help help 2 day cant find

We have been using squirrelmail version 1.4.6 on a redhat unix

we have currently moved to a new server suse 10 es server

we installed squirrelmail version 1.4.20-RC2

and we are using imap wu imap 2004g_suse

we installed sendmail and removed postfix

when we moved our mail box in /var/mail/marcelo
too our new server which is 45.8M
it fails read the inbox in squirrelmail but does show the counter  number
of un read message.

if we strip down the mail in /var/mail/marcelo  too 10 messages
it reads fine.

how can we fix this limitation ?

please please help

many thanks