Re: Squirrel Mail Phish?

> Thanks for the response, but I am still concerned you are missing my
> concern.
>
> It seems that SOMEONE is specifically targeting SquirrelMail web
> application users.
>
> At the very least, admins should know that if the link I provided is
> malicious, the chance is high that users are going to come to them with
> the information that they updated as requested by SquirrelMail.org and
> things went south.
>
> That's all, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and educate my users.

Maybe I was a bit sloppy when I read and answered your mail.

Thank you for your concern. The SquirrelMail Project is aware of that our
name and graphical design is used to harvest account credentials, and
we've had several news items about it at <squirrelmail.org>. I'll write
something about it at our site again. We are also trying to shut down the
phisher, but that's easier said than done since it's quicker for him/her
to open up malicious sites and send out spam than it is for us to have the
ISP:s shutting him/her down.

Please note that the SquirrelMail Project never sends out unsolicited
upgrade notices. To receive those you have to subscribe to our mailing
lists or a third party site such as Freshemeat.

--
Fredrik Jervfors
The SquirrelMail Project