SM 1.4.17 on OS X Server 10.5 - HTML Signature Support?

Hello all,

I'm having trouble finding definitive information on whether I can get
SquirrelMail to support HTML signatures.  I installed the html_mail
plugin and in testing as a user enabled HTML composition by default...

When I copy/paste a rendered HTML signature from Apple Mail's
Preferences/Signatures into the SquirrelMail Signature window it
pastes in as plain text with no HTML code.  When I copy/paste the same
thing into Apple's TextEdit it pastes in as rendered HTML.

When I copy/paste HTML source from a text editor into the SquirrelMail
Signature window it pastes in as HTML source, but it also shows up in
the composition window as HTML source and the recipient also sees HTML
source rather than HTML rendered.

Do I need to be using a different plugin or different method of
composing the HTML signature?

Thanks for the advice!